NATIONAL PARK POSTER

I completed this project in Fall 2010. Our assignment was to create a poster for a National Park of our choice. This poster was created to draw people to want to goto the National Park.

I chose Arches National Park located in Utah. This park is very dry and includes many mountain and rock formations. It is world-famous for its delicate arch, and it preserves over 2,000 natural sandstone arches. The irregular features of this park has created a landscape of contrasting colors, textures, and landforms that is unlike any other area in the world. It lies above an underground evaporite layer, or salt bed, which is the main cause of the formation of the arches, balanced rocks, spires, sandstone fins, and eroded monoliths found in the area.

My design process for this project began with immense research on Arches National Park and then continued into thinking about how to depict this certain park. I wanted to focus on warm colors and to depict the popular animals that live there. The desert bighorn sheep is a popular animal in Arches National Park, so I included this idea of animals into my poster.