INTRODUCTION

DESIGN

As a design major and architecture minor, I have worked on many different projects. Therefore my portfolio is very diverse. As a University of Washington design student, I have completed many design classes that focused on many different aspects of design. In my portfolio, I showcase book covers I completed for the book, "Invisible Cities" by Italo Calvino, a cook book recipe layout, and a poster I created for a national park. These projects all differ from one another but showcase my collegiate design experience. 

I am interested in Design because it is omnipresent. Design is incorporated into everything around us - from billboards, to menu layouts, to how the keys are set up within a computer. I like design because you can create something that is more functional, easy to read, and much more.


ARCHITECTURE

Through my collegiate experience, I majored in Design Studies and minored in Architecture. I have always been very passionate about architecture and hope I can work in an architectural office after I graduate. I have taken many architectural classes, which have given me an insight to what if would be like to be an architect. Two classes, Architecture 210 and 211, were very intensive but made me think in many different ways to solve architectural problems. While solving these problems, I also used my background in design to create a project that was successful. 

I have been interested in architecture since I was in 3rd grade. It has always been a passion of mine and I would love to be able to fulfill my long-time dream of becoming an architect. These projects exemplify my progress within architectural drawings and layouts.